My goal is to inspire you to lead an adventurous life, playing the music you love.
I’m here to help you practice smarter using creative piano advice!
Piano has been a part of my entire life and I’ve taught music to many students, so I know that given the right practice techniques, anyone can improve.
I play piano. On the blog, I often discuss how to be a better musician and use research to help others build a life they love.
Piano resources to get started
- How perfect pitch can hurt pianists
- Ghosting, a technique to improve finger independance in piano.
- Playing faster repeated notes.
- Chunking, how to learn music faster. I use this in almost all of my piano practice sessions, and it works for any instrument.
How Asperger’s helps or hurts musicians
- Why I suspected that I had Asperger’s early in the year.
- There is a high chance that people who excel in piano have Asperger’s as it takes a lot of concentrated and solitary practice. Most people don’t figure it out until later in life.
- In my writing, I realized that there were many situations where I didn’t know how I was supposed to act. That is a sign of Asperger’s. I could fake social skills and you wouldn’t know how hard it is. In fact, I am so good at faking it that healthcare professionals don’t believe how hard it is for me to remember to eat lunch.
- The stories about my dad were hard to write but here’s one of my favourite. Or this one about how I would want to be remembered.
If you’re following my writing as a story, here are a few people who often come up on the blog.
My goal is to never stop growing– I’ve made many mistakes– but I invite you to come along with me, on this journey.
I’ve collected some of my favourite articles to get you started.
If you’re here to practice piano efficiently…
- 4 Deadliest Music Practice Mistakes Ever
- What to Do When Your Fingers Won’t Listen
- Should You Quit Music Now?
- How many hours should you practice everyday?
If you want to gain music students…
- How to Know If You’re Good Enough to Teach
- What to Charge for (a bit of) Your Time
- How to be a Music Teacher and Superstar
- Free Piano Teacher Printable: A Student Record that Saves Time
If you’d like to play/hear piano music…
- Light & expressive pieces for the easy days
- Beautiful contemporary piano solos
- Grand, beautiful favourites of all time
“I’m a huge fan of Artiden.” –Chris Foley, RCM Senior Examiner
My goal is to take you along on a journey to help you do what you love, and use your talents to make a difference in the world.
We are going to do big things together.
Want more of this?
Get exclusive music tips and fresh stories in your email inbox by signing up below. It's Free!