My goal is to inspire you to lead an adventurous life, playing the music you love.
I’m here to help you practice smarter using creative piano advice!
Piano has been a part of my entire life and I’ve taught music to many students, so I know that given the right practice techniques, anyone can improve.
I play piano. On the blog, I often discuss how to be a better musician and use research to help others build a life they love.
Piano resources to get started
- How perfect pitch can hurt pianists
- Ghosting, a technique to improve finger independance in piano.
- Playing faster repeated notes.
- Chunking, how to learn music faster. I use this in almost all of my piano practice sessions, and it works for any instrument.
How Asperger’s helps or hurts musicians
- Why I suspected that I had Asperger’s early in the year.
- There is a high chance that people who excel in piano have Asperger’s as it takes a lot of concentrated and solitary practice. Most people don’t figure it out until later in life.
- In my writing, I realized that there were many situations where I didn’t know how I was supposed to act. That is a sign of Asperger’s. I could fake social skills and you wouldn’t know how hard it is. In fact, I am so good at faking it that healthcare professionals don’t believe how hard it is for me to remember to eat lunch.
- The stories about my dad were hard to write but here’s one of my favourite. Or this one about how I would want to be remembered.
If you’re following my writing as a story, here are a few people who often come up on the blog.
My goal is to never stop growing– I’ve made many mistakes– but I invite you to come along with me, on this journey.
I’ve collected some of my favourite articles to get you started.
If you’re here to practice piano efficiently…
- 4 Deadliest Music Practice Mistakes Ever
- What to Do When Your Fingers Won’t Listen
- Should You Quit Music Now?
- How many hours should you practice everyday?
If you want to gain music students…
- How to Know If You’re Good Enough to Teach
- What to Charge for (a bit of) Your Time
- How to be a Music Teacher and Superstar
- Free Piano Teacher Printable: A Student Record that Saves Time
If you’d like to play/hear piano music…
- Light & expressive pieces for the easy days
- Beautiful contemporary piano solos
- Grand, beautiful favourites of all time
“I’m a huge fan of Artiden.” –Chris Foley, RCM Senior Examiner
My goal is to take you along on a journey to help you do what you love, and use your talents to make a difference in the world.
We are going to do big things together.
Enter your email below to get free updates. No spam. Unsubcribe anytime.