I travelled Asia for 4 months and learned so much about myself, music, and the world.
I’ve been burned a few times. I went to the emergency room in Hong Kong, for example.
You’ll discover travel hacks (e.g. how to not be taken advantage of – super useful for females), musician tricks (I’m a pianist), and more.
So, I’ve created a little travel guide for my fellow travellers and musicians. Feel free to share this guide with a friend who might find this useful.
Here are my favourite travel hacks, stories, and tips.
- How to move across the world
I’d never been to Asia; here’s my first impression of Hong Kong.
- Making smart weekend trips
Hong Kong is the hub of Asia, so don’t forget to explore outside of the city.
- Curing culture shock
Because I can almost guarantee that your first time in Asia will result in culture shock.
- Traveller’s guide to recording music
My favourite recording hacks.
- Practicing music when you’re on the road
Sneaky ways to practice music, so you don’t lose all music ability when you return home.
- Survive the ER and avoid traveller’s loneliness
I went to the ER. Even the strongest people get lonely. Here’s how to avoid this.
- 4 staple pieces of music that travelling pianists should play
The game changes when you’re travelling (and busy).
- Why Asia is the wrong place for me
The ugly underbelly – is it right for you?
- Secrets about travelling Asia no one bothers to tell you
Food. Poisoning. And more.
- Getting fit after travel
The food and sights will throw off the most disciplined; here’s how to not turn into a hippo.
- If someone you love is sick
I thought I’d come home and everything would be the same. I was wrong.
- The secret to getting lucky
Racism. Feminism. How to break the rules when travelling.
Want more of this?
Get exclusive music tips and fresh stories in your email inbox by signing up below. It's Free!