I travelled Asia for 4 months and learned so much about myself, music, and the world.
I’ve been burned a few times. I went to the emergency room in Hong Kong, for example.
You’ll discover travel hacks (e.g. how to not be taken advantage of – super useful for females), musician tricks (I’m a pianist), and more.
So, I’ve created a little travel guide for my fellow travellers and musicians. Feel free to share this guide with a friend who might find this useful.
Here are my favourite travel hacks, stories, and tips.
- How to move across the world
I’d never been to Asia; here’s my first impression of Hong Kong.
- Making smart weekend trips
Hong Kong is the hub of Asia, so don’t forget to explore outside of the city.
- Curing culture shock
Because I can almost guarantee that your first time in Asia will result in culture shock.
- Traveller’s guide to recording music
My favourite recording hacks.
- Practicing music when you’re on the road
Sneaky ways to practice music, so you don’t lose all music ability when you return home.
- Survive the ER and avoid traveller’s loneliness
I went to the ER. Even the strongest people get lonely. Here’s how to avoid this.
- 4 staple pieces of music that travelling pianists should play
The game changes when you’re travelling (and busy).
- Why Asia is the wrong place for me
The ugly underbelly – is it right for you?
- Secrets about travelling Asia no one bothers to tell you
Food. Poisoning. And more.
- Getting fit after travel
The food and sights will throw off the most disciplined; here’s how to not turn into a hippo.
- If someone you love is sick
I thought I’d come home and everything would be the same. I was wrong.
- The secret to getting lucky
Racism. Feminism. How to break the rules when travelling.