Nov 17th 2018 Update: Thanks to everyone who joined in. Please use the timestamps below to skip ahead. I started the streaming early so that people who joined in didn’t have to refresh.
- Start of the Hangout – 11:52
- Improv tips / how I learned improv – 22:24
- Mary’s Boychild – Jazz Piano Playing Demo (Get sheet music here) – 26:20
- Christmas Song – Jazz Piano Playing Demo (Get sheet music here) – 31:41
- Improv demo – how to play left hand patterns so you can improve to pop songs – 35:33
- Sight reading tips – 39:35
- Grace note practice technique (advanced practice hack) – 44:29
- Beginner ear training teaching ideas – 42:47
- Tips for playing trills – what to look out for – 49:13
- Trill drills (Hanon) – how to train your fingers to play clearly and accurately – 51:23
A lot of people found last month’s community hang out useful and/or interesting so we’re trying it again this month. For half an hour, I will be hosting a get-to-know-me/ piano Q&A/ jam session.
I’m planning on putting together a list of said Q’s from everyone, so if you have any, ask away! Or better yet, get in touch beforehand so your questions get first dibs!
Leave a question as a comment below, or follow me on social media and message me. Oh and if you have instagram or twitter, give us a shout under #artidenhangout! I’ll check everything right before we go live :)
After the Q&A is the proposed jam session, and I’ll be addressing live audience requests then. (Thanks for hangout format idea, Rosie! Much appreciated.)
The next hangout will be on Saturday Nov 17th at 11am PST. Here’s a handy timezone converter.
If you’re a morning person too, come join me. Looking forward to meeting all of you once more, and a big welcome to all the newcomers! :DThere are 4 comments below
Want more of this?
Get exclusive music tips and fresh stories in your email inbox by signing up below. It's Free!